The Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute (SIPI) is a special eight-week course designed for people wishing to study beginning Brazilian Portuguese intensively. Students should have at least 2-3 years’ experience in Spanish or another Romance language.
SIPI is one of six WISLI institutes. It is sponsored by the Language Program Office; the Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program (LACIS), a Title VI National Resource Center; Institute for Regional and International Studies National Resource Center (IRIS NRC); and the Department of Spanish & Portuguese at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The priority application date will be announced at a later date! Stay tuned!
If you missed the priority deadline, please reach out to us through our email (email@example.com) to see if there is space on the wait list before applying.
Note: If you are a minor, you must be a Junior or Senior in high school to apply! See our Minor Policy for more details and requirements.
ATTENTION~ 1 Month left to apply! Fund your language study through FLAS !!! The application for the FLAS Fellowship and awards are still accepting applications! Due date for the application is on Valentine’s Day, February …January 17, 2023
WISLI is pleased to offer the WISLI Tuition Scholarship, which covers 50% of tuition for language study at SIPI for Summer 2023. The purpose of the WISLI Tuition Scholarship is to broaden support for learning …January 13, 2023
Apply to your very own 8-week intensive summer language course experience! The SIPI 2023 Summer Applications are now open for the institute. Go check it out either at the SIPI site! Be sure to apply …November 28, 2022
As students begin to coordinate their summer plans, we just wanted to share a quick reminder that the Foreign Language and Area Studies awards close February 14th, 2023. This is the application for funding for …November 17, 2022
Let’s join us in welcoming our SIPI coordinator ! Chris Carlson – SLI Coordinator for SIPI and NORD Chris will join us as our new WISLI coordinator for Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute (SIPI) and Scandinavian …November 3, 2022
- More Posts
- September 24"Swedish Pancakes for Breakfast?" In-Person Badger Talk from Milwaukee, WIPresenter: Marcus Cederstrom2:00 PM, 3030 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53215-4351, United States
- September 26Badger Talks LIVE: "Heart Disease and Aortic Aneurysms: Wisconsin's Deadliest Threat"Speakers: Bo Liu and Jack Bontekoe12:00 PM, Online
- September 26
- September 26"The Black Hawk War": In-Person Badger Talk from Lake Geneva, WIPresenter: John Hall6:30 PM, W4240 WI-50 Lake Geneva, WI, 53147
- September 27Study Abroad in Ecuador: Tropical Conservation Semester (Ceiba)Virtual Info Session12:00 PM, Online
- September 28"The Wisconsin v. Yoder Supreme Court Case": In-Person Badger Talk from Monticello, WIPresenter: Mark Louden7:00 PM, 416 E Lake Ave, Monticello, WI 53570-9640, United States